• 400g cavatappi
• 250g broccoli, cut into florets
• 1 garlic clove, peeled
• 1 large lemon
• ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
• 3 tbsp pine nuts
• 5 tbsp Borderfields Gold Rapeseed Oil
• 3 tbsp parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated
• Crushed Walnuts
• 50g pine nuts
• 80g basil
• 50g parmesan or vegetarian alternative
• 150ml Borderfields Gold Rapeseed Oil
• 2 garlic cloves
1. Tip the pasta into a large pan of boiling salted water and cook according to pack instructions. Meanwhile, bring a smaller pan of salted water to the boil, add the broccoli and boil for 4 minutes.
2. Heat a small frying pan over a low heat. Cook the pine nuts until golden, shaking occasionally. Put into a food processor with the basil, parmesan, olive oil and garlic cloves. Whizz until smooth, then season to taste.
3. Stirfry the broccoli until beginning to blacken. Drain the pasta and return it to the pan. Stir in the pesto and squeeze over the juice of 1⁄2 lemon. Pour in the olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper. Spoon in the grated Parmesan, toss the pasta well, serve and sprinkle walnuts on top.