• Borderfields Garlic Infused Oil
• 4 rashers of streaky bacon chopped
• 1 onion, finely sliced
• 15-20 cooked brussels sprouts sliced, or leftover boiled cabbage, shredded
• 400g cold leftover mashed potato or cold crushed boiled potatoes
• Leftover turkey
1. Drizzle Borderfields Garlic Infused Oil in a non-stick pan, allow it to get nice and hot, then add 4 chopped streaky bacon rashers. As it begins to brown, add 1 finely sliced onion.
2. Next, add 15-20 sliced cooked Brussels sprouts or shredded boiled cabbage and let it colour slightly. All this will take 5-6 mins.
3. Add 400g cold mashed potato. Work everything together in the pan and push it down so that the mixture covers the base of the pan.
4. Allow the mixture to catch slightly on the base of the pan before turning it over and doing the same again. It’s the bits of potato that catch in the pan that define the term ‘bubble and squeak’, so be brave and let the mixture colour.
5. Cut into wedges and serve.