• 125g Basmati Rice
• 1 tbsp Borderfields rapeseed oil (original, garlic or smoked chipotle for added flavour)
• 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
• 400g Canned black beans, drained and rinsed (kidney beans will work too, but will alter the colour and taste slightly)
• 1 tbsp Cider vinegar
• 1 tsp Honey
• 1 tbsp Chipotle paste
• 100g Chopped curly kale
1 Avocado, halved and sliced
1 Medium tomato, chopped and drained
1 Small red onion
1. Cook the rice following the pack instructions, and leave in the pan to keep warm.
2. In a frying pan, heat the oil, add the garlic and fry for 2 minutes or until golden. Add the beans, honey, vinegar and chipotle paste. Season to your liking and warm through for 2 minutes.
3. Boil the kale for 1 minute, drain and squeeze out any excess water.
4. Divide the rice between big shallow bowls and top with the beans, kale, tomato, avocado and onion. Serve with hot sauce ( a drizzle of Borderfields smoked chipotle will also work), coriander and lime wedges (optional)