• 2 large free-range eggs, beaten
• 240g / 9oz soft light brown sugar
• 200ml / 7fl oz Borderfields Lemon Infused Rapeseed Oil
• 250g / 8oz self-raising flour
• 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
• 325g / 11½oz carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
• 75g / 2½oz walnut halves, roughly chopped
• ½ tsp sea salt
• 2 tsp ground cinnamon
• A pinch of ground nutmeg
• 227g / 8oz can pineapple slices in juice, drained and roughly chopped
• 2 tsp fine-cut orange marmalade
• 50g / 5oz cream cheese
• 50ml / 2fl oz coconut cream
• 150g / 1½oz icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Line the base and sides of a cake tin with baking paper and grease lightly.
2. Beat the eggs and brown sugar in a bowl until pale. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the pineapple, and beat together. Stir in the pineapple pieces and mix.
3. Pour the cake batter into the prepared tin and bake for 55–65 minutes, or until well risen and fully cooked.
4. Beat all the ingredients for the icing in a bowl until smooth and thick. Check the cake is cooked by inserting a skewer into the centre. If the skewer comes out clean it is cooked. Leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack and leave to cool.
5. Spread the icing over the top and sides of the cake using a spatula. Enjoy!