• 1 large cauliflower (~1.5kg), cut into florets
• 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
• 2 tbsp Borderfields Garlic Infused Rapeseed Oil (plus extra for drizzling)
• 4 thyme sprigs
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 celery stick, finely chopped
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 750-850ml veg or chicken stock
• 100ml single cream
• 1/2 small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
1. Heat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan. Toss the cauliflower florets in a roasting tin with 1 tbsp of Borderfields Garlic Infused Rapeseed Oil. Roast for 15 mins or until golden and tender.
2. Heat the remaining oil in a saucepan with the onion, celery, cumin and thyme and fry over a medium heat for 10 mins or until softened.
3. Add the garlic and cook for an extra 1 min.
4. Stir through most of the cauliflower, (reserving some to top the soup with later). Add 750ml of the stock to the pan and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 mins.
5. Blitz the soup until smooth using a hand blender or food processor. Stir through the cream and season to taste. Add extra stock if you like your soup a little thinner.
6. Ladle into bowls and top with the parsley, the reserved cauliflower and an extra drizzle of Borderfields Garlic Infused Rapeseed Oil.