• 300g parsnips, cut into chunks
• 300g carrots, cut into chunks
• 300g butternut squash, cut into chunks
• 2 onions, peeled and cut into quarters
• 3 garlic cloves, skin on
• 3 sprigs of rosemary
• 2 tbsp Borderfields Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil
• 800ml hot vegetable stock, made with 1 stock cube
• 50g stilton, crumbled
• 1 multigrain and rye bloomer, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6.
2. Put the parsnips, carrots, butternut squash and onion in a large roasting tray and add the garlic and rosemary. Drizzle over Borderfields Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil and season.
3. Stir well to combine, then roast in the oven for 45-50 minutes until tender.
4. Remove the roasting tray from the oven. Squash the garlic cloves with the back of a spoon and discard the skins. Stir the garlic purée through the vegetables.
5. Transfer the vegetables to a blender. Add the vegetable stock and 50g stilton. Blend until smooth.
6. Divide the soup between four bowls and sprinkle with the remaining crumbled stilton and black pepper. Serve with crusty bread.