• Drizzle of Borderfields Sicilian Lemon Rapeseed Oil
• 400g pappardelle or spaghetti
• 90g prosciutto
• juice 1 lemon
• 2 egg yolks
• 3 tbsp crème fraîche
• large handful basil leaves
• large handful grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
1. Mix together lemon juice, egg yolks and crème fraîche.
2. Begin to boil the pappardelle in a large pan.
3. Heat up Borderfields Sicilian Lemon Rapeseed Oil in a frying pan. Meanwhile, tear 90g of prosciutto ham into small pieces and fry in the oil until golden and crisp.
4. Drain the pasta, reserving a little of the cooking water, then return to the pan. Tip in the cooked ham. Mix together the lemon juice, egg yolks and crème fraîche, then add the basil. Mix in with tongs, adding a little of the cooking water, if needed, to make a creamy sauce that coats the pasta. Serve with Parmesan grated over the top, if you like.