• 3–4 tsp Borderfields rapeseed oil
• 1 small red onion, finely chopped
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 400g of chickpeas
• 1 medium egg,
• 1–1½ tbsp chopped fresh coriander
• Natural yoghurt
• Mixed lettuce, cucumber and tomato salad
• Sesame Seeds (optional)
1. Pour Borderfields Rapeseed Oil into a non-stick pan
2. Chop red onion and garlic
3. Drain chickpeas and place into a mixing bowl; mash well using a potato masher. Stir in garlic and onion.
4. Add egg, chopped coriander and black pepper, mixing well to make a coarse paste. Cover; chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas mark 4. Divide falafel mixture into 12 even portions. Using lightly floured hands, roll each one into a walnut-sized ball; flatten slightly.
6. Brush falafels all over with remaining oil and dip in sesame seeds (optional)
7. Place on a non-stick baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20–25 minutes or until crisp and light golden. Serve hot or cold with natural yoghurt for dipping and a mixed lettuce, cucumber and tomato salad for the side.