· 1 tablespoon Borderfields Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil
· 1 cinnamon stick
· 1 star anise
· 150ml red wine
· 1 large red cabbage, shredded
· 2 tbsp dark brown soft sugar
· Salt and pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the cinnamon stick and star anise.
2. Pour in the wine, stir and leave to simmer until slightly reduced.
3. Add the red cabbage and sugar. Stir to combine.
4. Cover the pan and simmer on a low heat for 2-2 ½ hours, stirring once or twice during cooking.
5. Once the cabbage is tender, season to taste and either serve immediately or make 1-2 days in advance and reheat on the hob before serving.