• Borderfields Fragrant Garlic Rapeseed Oil (enough for frying)
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 cup honey
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 1 tsp black pepper
• 2 cups flour
• 3 tsp powdered ginger, to taste
• 1 tsp cayenne pepper, more or less to taste
• 1 1/2 tbsp salt
• 2 tsp black pepper
• 3 lbs chicken wings
• 2 eggs
• 3 tbsp cold water
• Spring onions
• Sesame seeds
1. Mix together the flour, ginger, cayenne pepper, salt and 1 tbsp black pepper and set to one side.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and water to make an egg wash.
3. Dip the wing pieces into the egg wash and then toss in the flour mixture.
4. Heat up a frying pan with a generous amount of Borderfields Fragrant Garlic Rapeseed Oil
5. Fry the coated wings in the pan until the chicken is cooked through and turning crispy and brown. Then set the wings to one side.
6. In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the 2 tsp of Borderfields Garlic Oil and saute to soften the garlic but do not let it brown.
7. Add the honey, soy sauce and 1 tsp black pepper to the pan.
8. Simmer together for 5-10 minutes, until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and allow to cool thoroughly.
9. Dip the cooked wings in the sauce and serve with honey.