For the cake
125ml Borderfields Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil
200g ground almonds
50g plain flour
1 ¼ tbsp. baking powder
100g beurre noissette
Pinch of saffron
For the sweet Borderfields jelly
200ml Borderfields Cold Pressed Rapeseed oil
2.5 g vanilla
8g gelatin, soaked
Saffron & Rapeseed Cake
- To start, pre-heat the oven to 170°C and line a baking tray with baking parchment. Combine the polenta, ground almonds, flour and baking powder in a bowl and mix evenly.
- In a saucepan combine the Borderfields with the beurre noissette. Once combined add the eggs, saffron and sugar and remove from the heat.
- Pour into the pre-lined baking tray and cook for 30 minutes.
Sweet Borderfields Jelly
- To make the jelly, warm the glucose, vanilla, sugar, water and isomalt in a saucepan to 90°C. Then squeeze the gelatin dry, add to the glucose mixture and blend with a hand blender. Once blended slowly add the Borderfields and mix.
- Pour your jelly mixture into a container and leave in the fridge to set.
- After 30 minutes remove the cake from the oven and serve with the sweet jelly.