115g raisins, seedless, average
75g glacé cherries
75g self raising flour
½ tsp ground cinnamon Powder
75g Borderfields cold pressed rapeseed oil
50g sugar, light muscovado1
1 lemon zest finally grated
1 orange zest finally grated
115g apples, grated
115g carrots, grated
10ml juice, lemon, fresh
112g eggs, medium, beaten
60ml milk, skimmed, average
60ml brandy, to finish
- First soak the dried fruit in the brandy overnight.
- Shake the cherries in the flour and add mixed spice, cinnamon, breadcrumbs & sugar.
- Mix in the grated zest, apple and carrot along with the lemon juice. Add the soaked fruit.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and molasses, slowly add to the mixture, stirring well. Mix gently but thoroughly. Add the rapeseed oil and also mix in well.
- Place in a suitable ovenproof dish spoon in the pudding mix and cover with foil or pudding cloth, and then steam gently for 3hours.
- Once cooked allow to cool and then wrap in foil and leave in a cool dry place until required.
- Before reheating, prick the pudding several times and pour some more brandy over the top.