250g self-raising flour
125g caster sugar
2 beaten eggs
Pinch of salt
Milk to mix
Borderfields Rapeseed Oil
200g strawberries, raspberries, blueberries & blackberries
100ml maple syrup
20ml Borderfields Rapeseed Oil
100g Greek yoghurt
1. Mix the flour, salt and sugar together, add the beaten eggs and whisk to a paste.
2. Add the milk slowly to make a thick batter, add a tbsp of rapeseed oil and whisk in.
3. Heat a non stick pan and brush with a little rapeseed oil. Drop a spoonful of batter into the pan keeping spaced out. Do as many spoonfuls as the pan can take.
4. Cook on one side until it browns. When it starts to rise up and bubble, turn them over and bake on the other side.
5. When cooked – place on a clean tea-towel, cover them over until the next batch is ready
6. In a hot non stick pan add the rapeseed oil, sauté the berries quickly for approximately 10 seconds, add the maple syrup and cook for a further 10 seconds.
7. To finish spoon the berries on top of the pancakes and drizzle a little of the cooking juices over, spoon a little of the Greek yoghurt on top of the berries and finish with a little fresh mint.