• 300g golden caster sugar
• 5 large eggs
• Zest and juice 3 oranges (about 150ml juice)
• 150ml Borderfields Rapeseed Oil
• 280g self-raising flour
Rosemary drizzle ingredients:
• 100g golden caster sugar
• ½ orange, juiced
• ½ lemon, juiced
• 6 cardamom pods, seeds removed and ground
• 4 rosemary sprigs
1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and grease a cake tin with Borderfields Rapeseed Oil.
2. Put the sugar, eggs and zest in a large bowl and whisk for about 10 mins until thick and pale.
3. Pour in the juice and oil, mixing until fully combined.
4. Sieve the flour into the bowl and whisk until just combined to a smooth batter.
5. Pour into the prepared tin, place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool for 5 mins before carefully turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
7. To make the glaze, heat a frying pan on a low heat and add caster sugar, orange juice and lemon juice.
8. Stir together for a few minutes then add the cardamom pods and rosemary sprigs.
9. Once all mixed remove from the heat and allow to cool.
10. Once the glaze is at the desired consistency, pour over the cake, allowing it to drip down the sides.
11. Add orange segment and rosemary sprig to garnish!