• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
• 2 tbsp Borderfields Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil
• 3 carrots, halved and cut into chunks
• 2 bay leaves
• ½ pack thyme
• 2 tbsp tomato purée
• 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 2 beef stock cubes or stock pots
• 900g beef for braising such as skirt, buy a whole piece and cut it yourself for bigger chunks, or buy ready-diced
1. Fry the onion, celery and carrots in 1 tbsp oil over a low heat until they start to soften – about 5 mins.
2. In a separate frying pan, fry the beef in the remaining oil until it is well browned, then tip each batch into the slow cooker.
3. Add the stock, tomato purée and Worcestershire sauce, then mix together.
4. Add bay leaves and thyme, Cook on low for 8-10 hrs, or on high for 4 hrs.
5. Serve with mash and dumplings, enjoy!