For the mushrooms
400g button mushrooms
2 eggs, whisked
1 tsp. garlic powder
For the mayonnaise
250ml Borderfields Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil
2 egg yolks
1 tsp. white wine vinegar
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. mustard powder
Fresh tarragon, finely chopped
1 lemon, zested
- In a bowl whisk the egg yolks vinegar, mustard powder, salt and pepper. Once combined slowly add the Borderfieldsand continue to mix until all the Borderfields has been incorporated and it reaches a thick, mayonnaise-like consistency. Add the lemon zest and tarragon leaves.
- Pre-heat a deep fat fryer to 170°C, or a pan half filled with vegetable oil if you don’t have a fryer.
- Place the flour and garlic powder in one bowl, eggs and milk in a second, and panko breadcrumbs in a third.
- Roll the mushrooms in the flour, dip into the beaten egg mixture, and finally coat in the panko breadcrumbs. Repeat until all the mushrooms are coated.
- Carefully lower the mushrooms into the oil and fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden all over and cooked through. Serve the mushrooms with the mayonnaise.