200ml Borderfields Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil
200g plain flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. ground ginger
4 large eggs
110g brown sugar
1 tbsp. treacle
For the filling
150ml crème fraiche
1 orange, zested
- Start by placing the orange in a pan of water and bring to boil. Once boiled leave to simmer for 30-40 minutes then drain and cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Quarter orange scooping the flesh into a bowl and roughly chop the peel. Combine the flesh and peel to make a roughly-textured mixture.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy then stir in the treacle and orange mixture, being careful not to beat the air out of the eggs.
- Once combined, add in Borderfields and sieve in the flour, ginger and baking powder. The stir in the sultanas.
- Pour into the cake batter into 2 lined baking tins (20cm) or silicon moulds and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cake has risen and the cake springs back when gently pushed. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Combine the orange zest, crème fraiche, icing sugar and cream together until smooth.
- Spread the filing onto one of the cakes and place the other on top. Cut into 8 to serve.