• 200ml Borderfields Rapeseed Oil, plus extra for the tin
• 225g shelled pistachios
• 200g caster sugar
• 3 large eggs
• 150g fine cornmeal or polenta
• 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
• 200g strawberries, chopped, plus extra to serve
• Whipped cream to decorate
1. Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Oil and line the base of a 23cm cake tin. Put 200g of the pistachios in a blender, and whizz until it looks like ground almonds.
2. Whisk the sugar and eggs together with an electric whisk until pale and fluffy – this should take about 5 mins. Add the rapeseed oil, continually whisking, then fold in the ground pistachios, cornmeal or polenta and baking powder with a pinch of salt. Fold in the strawberries, then scrape into the tin. Roughly chop the remaining pistachios and scatter over the top.
3. Bake for 50-55 mins until golden and risen. Leave to cool in the tin to room temperature before transferring to a cake stand or plate. Dust with icing sugar and decorate with cream and extra strawberries.