2 tbsps. Borderfields Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil
600g beets (approx. 6)
20 basil leaves
80g walnuts, toasted and crushed
200g feta cheese, diced into 1cm cubes
2 oranges, peeled
For the dressing
200ml Borderfields Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil
3 oranges, juiced
1 lemon, juiced
1 heaped tsp. lemon thyme leaves
- Begin by cleaning and washing the beets, and pre-heating the oven to 170°c. Place in a bowl and coat in Borderfields, coarse sea salt and pepper and wrap individually in tin foil.
- Place the wrapped beets onto a cooling wire on a tray and bake in the oven at for 30 minutes, or until slightly soft. To check how cooked they are place a knife through the center of the beet and if it falls off the knife it’s ready. Leave to cool.
- In the meantime add the orange juice to a pan and cook over a medium heat until reduced by two-thirds. Once reduced place into a bowl and leave to cool. Then add the lemon juice, Borderfields and thyme and stir until combined. Season with pepper.
- Once cooled unwrap the beets and peel off the outer skin. Cut into bite-sized pieces and place into a bowl with walnuts. Add the orange segments, figs, pomegranate seeds and feta and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing and serve.