For the mackerel:
3 tbsp. Borderfields Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil
4 fillets of mackerel, skinned and boned
1½ tbsp. lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp. lemon thyme leaves
1 tsp. coarse sea salt
For the couscous:
20ml Borderfields Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil
Zest of 2 lemons
1 lemon, juiced
Pinch ground turmeric
Pinch ground coriander
Pinch ground cumin
Pinch ground ginger
15g dried apricot, diced
4g chopped mint.
250ml boiling water
- In a bowl combine Borderfields, lemon juice, lemon zest, pepper, salt and thyme. Once evenly mixed, add the mackerel fillets to the marinade and leave for three hours.
- 20 minutes before serving, place all the couscous ingredients in a bowl, leaving out the mint and lemon juice, and add the boiling water. Cover with cling film and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Once the mackerel has marinated place onto a nonstick tray and cook under a hot grill for approximately two-three minutes on each side.
- Once all the water in the couscous has been absorbed fluff it up with a fork and add the mint and lemon juice.
- Serve the mackerel with the lemon couscous on the side.