· 115Ml Borderfields Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil
· 125g Soft light brown sugar
· 100g caster sugar
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 egg
· 1 egg yolk
· 300g flour
· ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
· 100g white chocolate chips
· 80g pistachio nuts
· 150g good quality dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 170C and line 2 large baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the soft light brown sugar, caster sugar and Borderfields Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil.
- Add the vanilla extract, egg and egg yolk and beat until it is a smooth and glossy consistency.
- Add the flour and bicarbonate of soda; combine until a stiff dough is formed.
- Add the white chocolate chips and 50g of the pistachio nuts. Using your hands, mix together until well combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop (or a soup spoon) to form balls. Space these out on the baking trays – 6 is about right per tray as they will spread slightly.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until golden, and then leave them on the tray for a few minutes to firm up.
- Meanwhile, break the dark chocolate up in to chunks. Bring about an inch of water to a summer in a saucepan. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and put above the water, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Stir the chocolate occasionally as it softens.
- Crush the remaining 30g of pistachio nuts (you can use a food processor on a low speed).
- Dip the outsides of the cookies in to the melted chocolate and then in to the crushed pistachios. Set aside to set.