Here at Borderfields we’re rather keen on all things food, so what better way to celebrate our 10th birthday than to run a recipe competition! Everyone has their own favourite recipes and kitchen tricks, sometimes handed down through word of mouth, by relatives or by good old trial and error. We called on our fellow British foodies to share their secrets for the chance to win £1000!
When the entries came in we had quite a job on our hands, from cakes to curries, our entrants used Borderfields Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil in inspiring ways and created some mouth-watering dishes. Sophie Hyam and Leah Garmen used Borderfields rapeseed oil to keep their cakes fresh and moist, providing fantastic examples of how Borderfields can be used in baking. Using seasonal produce was also a running theme among the entries, Zoe McMann’s Pan Seared Duck employed seasonal summer fruits and Elit Eater’s Halloumi salad used in season British vegetables. Some of the entry descriptions themselves had our mouths watering before we even saw the photographs! Nicola Steel’s Mozzarella and Honey Smoked Ham Frittata with a mozzarella, basil and tomato salad and a basil, parsley and caper dressing was music to our ears and mouths.
However, after some tricky deliberation we are excited to say the shortlist has been decided! Each chef in our shortlist will receive a limited edition Borderfields apron and the shortlist has been announced on Facebook. Who the winner will be is now up to you – yes you! The recipe with the most likes will receive the 1000 British Pounds cash prize, so the power is in your hands! Head over to Facebook and pick your favourite!
- Leah Garmen’s Courgette, Lime and Pistachio Cake
- Elit Eater’s Halloumi Salad
- Zoe McMann’s Pan seared duck in a special red wine reduction served with sweet potato mash, carrot puree and seasonal summer fruits
- Nicola Steel’s Mozzarella and Honey Smoked Ham Frittata with a mozzarella, basil and tomato salad with a basil, parsley and caper dressing
- Liz Denial’s Spicy Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie
- Sophie Hyam’s Iconic British Bake
- Caroline Salter’s Sussex Sea bass & savoy cabbage
- Melanie Booth’s White Wine Roast Chicken with Borderfields roasted new potatoes and Artichokes
- Kiran Parry’s Seasoned pan fried pork with apple